Saturday 27 October 2007

Animal Lover Worried About Family Pets



What caught me off guard was the recent inferno in and around San Diego. Oh my . . .

I freely admit, the first thing I thought about are family pets. That's what gives me agonizing worry. But I am now seeing a story about people who wouldn't leave home without them. I know I wouldn't!! Humans will take care of each other, but animals are helpless. And the following story warms my heart and puts me more at ease.


I know some pets and woods animals died. And that makes me sad. But it wasn't a total loss. But now there are stories about people who saved their pets with a concerted effort.


I send my love to those people and am sorry for the loss of their homes; but am so very happy their family and pets are safe. I Praise the Lord for protecting most of His creation during those horrendous days.

REST OF THE STORY

Pets Remain Priority for Displaced
Californians Fleeing Homes From Wildfires


DEL MAR, Calif. — Troyann Chappell needed help this week when she evacuated from Spring Valley to flee the fires. Not only did she have to get her 92-year-old friend Adele MacAdam out, she also had to take with her 14 cats, two dogs, three rats, a cockatoo and a parakeet.

Hers was a plight facing many displaced Californians who couldn't bear leaving home without their pets. What they found were shelters willing to accommodate the animals along with the people.

"It was quite a variety," said Amy Maher, the board chairwoman of Noah's Wish, a pet charity that sent 30 personnel to Qualcomm Stadium Monday night. "People evacuated everything: chickens, ducks, dogs, cats, horses, llamas, goats. We had a lot of birds."


No comments: