Tuesday 2 October 2007

Our Village Loses Independent Police Force

My heart is broken, it's official.

Our local Police Force is going to be gone shortly. I am so distraught. We know most of them and one in particular is a hero to me.

BUFFALO NEWS


EVANS/ANGOLA
Village police welcomed to town force

Angola’s part-time officers, most of whom also worked for other municipalities, were not picked up. The town does receive the village’s equipment, including cars.

The abolition of the Angola department was approved Aug. 20 by the Village Board but was subject to a 30-day delay in case petitioners filed enough signatures to force a referendum. That didn’t happen.









The part-timers are the kindest, most hard-working and caring men in the whole unit. They have helped me and my family numerous times. My son, on first names basis with all of them, is good friends with one of them in particular. He's cutting down some dead wood from one of the Officer's and his wife's tree on their property. (My son works for a tree service.)

No more familiar black and white driving by and exchanging waves. Or a black and white pulling in to just say hello. Gee, isn't progress great?

**tears**

1 comment:

Jenn Sierra said...

Oh, Pam, I'm so sorry. Hopefully, your township will at least derive some benefit from the changes, in terms of improved economy and security.

With citizens like you, who care, it can still retain its small-town charm and character.